Thursday, September 19, 2013

Self-Portrait - Oil Painting on Canvas   
40.5-inch x 23.5-inch, Nov 2011   
Flowers
2592 x 1936 - 2.1MB, Photograph, Mar 2011






It's my first time to try to have my self-portrait. If you ask me why I had chosen to do it, I think the answer is I want to find out the meaning of life to me besides who I am and what I want.

The meaning of life is a very well-discussed philosophical question that talks about the significance of life. Like most people, I often ask myself such kind of question. Actually, life for me is challenging just like others. 

Painting lets me learn how to have a good self-insight as well as to keep my focuses. For me, "Life is a song - sing it. Life is a challenge - meet it. Life is a dream - realize it. Life is a sacrifice - offer it. Life is love - enjoy it." by Sai Baba. I also highly agree with Ralph Waldo Emerson: "The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall".

In the real world, life is not an easy matter for most people and we can't live through it without falling into disappointment and frustration. It is so important for us to learn how we can bravely face each falling and rise again during our darkest moments. Like the flowers begin with an act of confidence, courage and hope. Don't give up. Don't lose hope.



No comments:

Post a Comment